The Official Blog about Gamervision.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I'm Starting To Get A Little Concerned...

By Sean

January of 2007. It was a heady, simpler time. Movie-goers were all about yard stomping, Peyton Manning was finally winning playoff games, and I finally got my hands on a Nintendo Wii. I was so happy to finally have gotten my hands on the most coveted console since PlayStation hit the shelves in December of 1993

Those were the days...

Shortly after getting my Wii, I wrote about my child-like excitement and glee over having this seemingly amazing system. I went on and on about how much I loved Wii Sports and how I felt that Twilight Princess may be the best Zelda game I've ever played, if not the best video game I've ever played.

Well, that was over a month ago. In the time that has followed, I've started getting a bit, no, a lot, concerned about the longevity of the Nintendo Wii. In the weeks that have passed since I finished Zelda, I have played my system a grand total of maybe six times. I've played Tiger Woods a few times, and I have been known to bowl a frame or two on Wii Sports, but to be honest, I just haven't been gaming on my Wii nearly as much recently as I was when I was immersed in the land of Hyrule.

Its not that I haven't been trying other games out. I played Rampage: Total Destruction and Cooking Mama for a few hours each, but to be honest, they just don't pack as much long-term punch as I would have hoped for.

Still no recipe for giant ape

And so I worry. I know that people are still beating down shop doors to get their hands on the Wii, and I don't blame them for doing so. But I just wonder how many other people out there are suffering from the same affliction: lack of titles. Without great games to play, Wii could become the next Neo-Geo- graphical and gameplay pluses are detracted by the quantity and quality of titles.

Neo-Geo-Wii-oh?

No comments: